Wednesday, September 1, 2010

september the first.

first day of the month.
first day of classes.
first day of my last year of college. holy moly that is unbelievable.
since august 9th i have been going, and going, and going and i'll be honest, im tired. i need rest, not just sleep or lack of busyness, but what i need is the peace that comes from knowing that my God is faithful and He is in control. im still incredibly encouraged by matthew 6:33-34. it serves as such a reassurance that God takes care of us. he knows my needs and he will meet them. not only does he want to meet them, but according to ephesians 20 he is able to give us "immeasurably more than ALL we could ask or imagine". this summer one of the biggest things i learned was how essential times of solitude were for me. in order to remain sane and to avoid trying to do things on my own, i must force myself to stop, be still, and keep quiet and listen. im actually quite good at listening when someone in sitting in front of me talking but im learning to tune my heart to the voice of my God and the leading of his holy spirit. in a lovely time of prayer and rejoicing with a few friends last week i was encouraged by a quote my sweet friend shared "the ear listens with curiosity but the heart listens with obedience" i am slowly but surely learning to listen with my heart. its tricky business.

even when im insanely exhausted, over sensitive, and borderline grumpy, i am amazed by the love i feel from those around me. i am so blessed by friends who encourage and show me the love of Christ through their words and actions alike.

also...
i dont think ive ever been happier. this handsome guy makes me smile this big quite often.

No comments: