Saturday, May 22, 2010

herbaceous peonies

i love my mom. as i've gotten older i've learned to truly appreciate our relationship, who she is as a woman, not just a mom, her love for the lord and the evidence of that in her life and interactions with others.


i promise we're serious sometimes. and she'd probably highly dislike these, but they are just the only pictures i have on my new computer.


she took off the week before i leave for oregon, so we can prepare for a giant garage sale. these past couple of mornings have been so nice, waking up and sitting next to her on the couch while i drink my coffee.

this morning we watched the martha stewart show and she did a whole segment on herbaceous peonies. surprise. who knew that my mom and i have the same favorite flower. adorable.

i mean, who wouldnt want to walk out into their backyard and see this

or eat breakfast with this on the kitchen table

or better yet, walk down the aisle carrying this

i really am such a sucker for fresh flowers. my, oh my.

on another note, choir tour was amazing. God never ceases to amaze me. he was so evident in the lives of the girls and those we came in contact with. he certainly taught me a lot about patience, leadership, and most of all love. i have every intention of blogging about one night in particular that blessed me. however, i have a busy twelve days ahead of me. i have so much to get done before i road trip up the california coast. ive been mia on here lately and now that its summer time [praise the lord] that means no homework, beautiful sunshine, and time to be a real blogger.

also...
im still loving my daily devotion book. im learning so much about god's grace, what it really is, how its evident in my life, and how to show it to others.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Whoa whoa!!! That is so cool!!! Haha I'm going to ask Malia when I see her tomorrow :] Hope your weekend is awesome!

richelle jean said...

I LOVE PEONIES!!!