Tuesday, May 4, 2010

patience


1.
the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2.
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay
3.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence:to work with patience.


patience is something i've been learning recently. im praying for patience almost constantly. ive heard it said before not to 'pray for patience' because God will teach it to you, and it wont be easy. let me tell you, its not, but it is quite humbling.

right now i am on a two week womens choir tour, which is the perfect place to learn a few lessons in patience. bring it on. its day three and already i feel tried and weary. im so glad that my God is faithful. that i can turn to his word and be encouraged. colossians 3:12 has been close to my heart this past school year and it is so prevalent when youre sleep deprived, hungry, and stuck on a bus with eighty girls. i can find rest in the promises in the word of God and the knowledge that his word never returns void. praise God for consistency somewhere amongst the craziness my life currently is.

music has always been such a huge part of my life. yet, these past couple days it has been so vital to my well being. whether im listening to brooke fraser on my ipod or worshiping with the girls in a concert, the lyrics somehow just minister to me tremendously more than usual. its as though everything im hearing or singing is from my own heart and experience, instead of just white noise to help me sleep on the bus or a performance for a audience of strangers.

i am so blessed to be a part of the trio that sings in the song your grace still amazes me. i have those words memorized like the back of my hand and the notes come out like my vocal cords have always sang them. but i've realized lately that even though i am performing, mostly im ministering, and not just to the audience, but to myself. singing those words is an act of worship, affirming one of the attributes of our God that makes me stand in amazement, his grace.

my faithful father, enduring friend, your tender mercy is like a river, with no end.
it overwhelms me, covers my sin, each time i come into your presence
i stand in wonder once again.
your grace still amazes me, your love, is still a mystery, each day, i fall on my knees
because your grace amazes me
oh patient savior, you make me whole, you are the author and the healer, of my soul
what can i give you, lord what can i say, i know there's no way to repay you
only to offer you my praise
your grace still amazes me, your love, is still a mystery, each day, i fall on my knees
because your grace amazes me
its deeper, its wider, its stronger, its higher, than anything my eyes can see

No comments: